The appeal of losing weight quickly is hard to resist. But do weight-loss pills and products lighten anything but your wallet? And are they a safe option for weight loss?
What Is Garcinia Cambogia?
Dr. Mehmet Oz has called it the “Holy Grail of Weight Loss” and many people regard it as the primary reason they were able to lose so much weight. Garcinia Gummi-gutta as it is also known, is a small, round green fruit, which is native to Africa and Asia.
Garcinia cambogia has been quite popular for about five years now. Many dieters appreciate that this ingredient is completely natural. Furthermore, garcinia cambogia does not require a doctor’s prescription and medical studies have also proven that it helps speed up weight loss, without constipation or stomach pain.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
100% pure garcinia cambogia can do wonders for those who are trying to lose weight. Here are some of the most important benefits you can get from taking it for fat burning purposes.
- It acts as an appetite suppressant, leaving you with the feeling of fullness after a considerably smaller meal. Therefore, your body will have to attack its fat deposits to produce energy, as you are giving it less than what it is used to.
- It also contains HCA, hydroxycitric acid which has properties that make it good for lipid metabolism, as it stops the absorption of fat from food. Therefore, you will drop the unwanted pounds faster that you ever could without this slimming aid. It may help increase the duration of exercise for untrained women. So, it improves your exercise stamina.
- Garcinia cambogia blocks citrate lyase, which is an enzyme that is responsible for the conversion of carbohydrates into fats and sugars to be stored in the body. Thus, any fatty foods you eat are passed out without being absorbed into your system.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Unlike other slimming aids that cause severe side effects, garcinia cambogia only causes mild side effects, possibly due to gastrointestinal tract cleansing and detoxification. Here are some of the effects reported by people who have used this slimming aid.
Common problems reported include:
- Stomach upset, which may be due to detoxification.
- Mild headaches have also been reported, which is another symptom of system cleansing.
- Fatty stools were reported as well.
- In rare cases first time users developed a fine skin rash which went away gradually.
- Some sleeplessness is another common complaint. However, this is because your body is more energized than usual. The best thing to do would be to work off your excess energy with proper exercise. Doing so will allow your body to produce serotonin, a feel good chemical that will make you feel happy and sleepy.
How to Take Garcinia Cambogia?
The good brands make pills of either 500 or 1,000 mg. The best time to take them is between 30 minutes and 1 hour before meals and on an empty stomach. They should be taken 3 times a day. Take each pill with lots of water.
If you want to take it in liquid form, you need to use a dropper. Place at least 20 drops under the tongue about 10 minutes before you eat. For it to be most effective, you should wait at least 10 or 15 minutes before you eat anything.
Although there are no guidelines as to how much one should take at particular weight levels, people with a lot of fat may need to take more of the product than those who are looking to take just a little every day.
You must make sure that you don’t take more than 3,000 mg a day. It can be lethal if you take more than 5,000 mg. No matter how much weight you want to lose, stay at the recommended levels.
How Long Should I Take This Product?
Garcinia cambogia is known for its rapid weight loss properties. It can be rather potent, and so you should take it for no longer than 12 weeks at a time. Additionally, you should maximize its effects by exercising regularly during this 3-month period if you can. (With your extra energy you will find this easier anyway).
Who Should Avoid Taking Garcinia Cambogia?
This product works by increasing your metabolism. To do so, it would increase your heart rate. Therefore, people who have high blood pressure and those taking blood thinners should avoid taking this. If you really want to give this product a try, you should ask your physician for his or her clearance to do so.
Pregnant women are more sensitive than they let on. There are so many topical and oral products that they should not use. Garcinia cambogia is one of them. They should avoid taking this product, as no studies have been done to support its safety for fetuses.
If you are an average person with no health problems, this product would be best for you, as it helps you lose weight safely by increasing your metabolism and energy, while inhibiting fat absorption. However, before you take it, please make sure you have had yourself check for any underlying medical conditions that you might not have noticed.